OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I am 48 years old. I have always had regular light periods.

Customer Question
I am 48 years...

I am 48 years old. I have always had regular light periods. In Feb I had a normal period beginning on the 6th (lasted for 3 days as usual). I began spotting on the 14th for 2 days. My next period began on March 14th, lasted for 3 days as usual and I began bleeding ( Heavier than spotting) today. Should I see my physician?

Doctor's Assistant: Have you been keeping a personal medical record?

Other than documenting when periods are, no I haven't. I am 4'11 in tall and weigh 125 lbs. My last labs were all with in normal limits ( about 1 year ago). I do not take any medication or supplements.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

My mother had uterine cancer at age 60 (approximate age)

Submitted: 26 days ago.Category: OB GYN
3/28/2018
OB GYN Doctor: Dr Josh, Doctor replied 26 days ago
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor

Hello!

My name is***** to JustAnswer.

I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with the reply momentarily. Thank you for your patience.

Thanks

Did you had last period on March 14th and now again are getting heavy bleeding?

Are you on any medications?

Do you suffer from anxiety or severe stress?

Night Sweats? Frequent urination at night?

Waiting for your reply…

Thanks

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
last period was March 14th until March 16th. Began bleeding today, heavier than normal period (which are usually very light for me)
No medications
No anxiety, normal life stress
Rare night sweats....2 to 3 times a year
No frequent urination at night

Dear,

Thanks for all these additional details and sharing a clear picture.

I am sorry to hear about your problem

Well, I can understand your concern.

Well, such spotting after periods could be related to underlying cause and has to be checked by a doctor. It is called as intermenstrual bleeding, spotting, and metrorrhagia.

Possible reasons are-

-Hormonal imbalance

-Uterine fibroids,

-Polyp.

Most likely, the possibility is- Hormonal imbalance.

In my opinion, you would need a Pelvic examination to assess the condition of the cervix and investigations like TVS Ultrasound for further evaluation.

Blood work to check hormone levels is necessary for diagnosis.

Hormonal imbalance is the most common cause of such symptoms and can be managed with medications.

Once the cause is evaluated, you would be advised management accordingly.

It would not be easy to jump for a precise diagnosis, without clinical evaluation and tests.

Please consult your doctor for a clinical checkup and get appropriate management.

Hope this helped

If you have any further question then you can ask me.

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get after positive feedback.
Bonus is highly appreciated.
We are here to help you until you satisfy.
Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

May I help you further?

Do you need more help?

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

OB GYN Doctor: Dr Josh, Doctor replied 24 days ago

Hi, just checking in to see how things are going.

Do you need further assistance?

I am ONLINE for your help.

Please use the REPLY BUTTON to reply back to me.I am happy to help you.

If you are done,then please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today we only get after positive feedback.

Bonus is highly appreciated.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dr Josh
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor