OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I had an infection of the vulva in Dec. last year. It

Customer Question
I had an infection...

I had an infection of the vulva in Dec. last year. It returned February. It was treated with Bactrian and cream. I think it is returning I feel activity around that area and small what seems like flashes of heat in the lower buttock area. I bath daily. After I empty my bowels I wash with antibacterial soap I don’t know why this is reoccurring. Should I see a gynecologist instead of my primary doctor.

Doctor's Assistant: How old are you? What symptoms are you having?

I am 50 I notice some of the familiar feelings close to the anal area when the infected vulva ruptured before. However I did not feel a bump. Just s little irritating

Doctor's Assistant: When was your last pap test or pelvic exam? Any irregular results from past exams?

Actually my dr said since I had s partial hysrerect

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No. I had a partial hysterectomy and she said there was no need for paps because they were to check for cervical cancer. If I were still having cycles, I would think I was about to start with mild cramping off and on.

Submitted: 27 days ago.Category: OB GYN
Customer reply replied 27 days ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer reply replied 27 days ago
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer reply replied 27 days ago
Thank you
Customer reply replied 26 days ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer reply replied 26 days ago
I did not get an answer. Please do not charge my card again.
Answered in 1 day by:
3/29/2018
OB GYN Doctor: Dr Ted Manos, Board Certified OB/GYN replied 25 days ago
Dr Ted Manos
Dr Ted Manos, Board Certified OB/GYN
Hello, and thank you for choosing Justanswer about your concern. I’m Ted Manos M.D., board certified obgyn, and I can respond shortly.
You used bacitracin, but what was the cream used. Skin is a strange organ as it is exposed to bacteria, sunlight and other irritants. The skin in the area of vagina and anus is exposed to bacteria in the GI tract. Some people, male and female, tend to get what you describe, that is your immune system reacting to some bacteria without the bacteria being present. The immune reaction forms areas of inflammation that actually need cortisone cream to stop the process. The inflammation can even cause a sterile abcess that can drain mostly some blood tinged fluid. You should always have 1% or 2% cortisone cream otc available when you initially feel the irritation starting. I hope my information is helpful, that I have observed over many years handling these nuisance issues. You can rate your satisfaction with my response. Thanks again for using Justanswer.
Customer reply replied 25 days ago
Thank you that was very helpful. I used cream the first time though the second time I did not use s cream. The Lympnode became inflamed. So I went in and the doctor prescribed more pills for seven days. So I will make sure I get some cream otc to keep on hand. Thank you again.
You’re welcome.
Dr Ted Manos
Dr Ted Manos
Dr Ted Manos, Board Certified OB/GYN