OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I stopped taking HRT and now I am bleeding as if having a…

Customer Question
I stopped taking HRT...

I stopped taking HRT and now I am bleeding as if having a period. How long will the bleeding last and is this normal?

Doctor's Assistant: Are you in any pain? How regular are your periods?

No pain. I had not had a period for about 4 years. I was having menopause symptoms so we started estradiol and progesterone. I felt worse so I stopped.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No, I am pretty healthy and now I wish I had just let it all run it's course.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: OB GYN
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/27/2018
OB GYN Doctor: Dr. J, Board Certified OB/GYN replied 2 months ago
Dr. J
Dr. J, Board Certified OB/GYN

Hi there. Board-certified obgyn here.

May I ask how old you are?
When did you stop the HRT?

I am 58. I stopped taking it about 9 days ago. I only took it for about one month and felt worse.
No ma'am, thanks anyway. I thought this would be simple, but if I get charged with each reply/response, I will have to pass.
Have a great day!
I don't think it's fair to charge the $38 since my question was not answered. Instead I was asked two questions.