OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I am a 58 yr old women who has been cycle free since I

turned 50. I haven't had...
I am a 58 yr old women who has been cycle free since I turned 50. I haven't had any issues with menopause or anything and never on any hormones or pills for any menopause issues. Until now. For the last few months I have NO energy, tired all the time, sweats are not TOO bad but am warmer then usual. Is there anything OTC that can help me with the energy level/tired all the time symptoms? I am on Lisinopril for hashimotos but my numbers are within range on meds.
3/27/2018
Dr. Shah
Dr. Shah, Doctor

My name is***** and am reviewing your question now. I will respond to your question or request additional information shortly. Thank you for your patience.

How long are you having low energy and sweating? Any wt. loss, anorexia, gland swelling? Any ongoing infection?

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
No infection, no wt loss, no anorexia or gland swelling that I can tell. I have been feeling lethargic for about 3 mos now.

Thank you for the information.

Basedon your description, you seem to have this problem for a while without self-recovery. There are many diseases that can present with tiredness and sweating, some of them require further evaluation to reach final diagnosis. Some of the common causes are: Anxiety,meds, alcohol, GERD, diabetes, thyroid problems, infection, hormonal imbalance or malignancy. Just for your information, occasional night sweat may not be that significant, but it’s happening more frequently in your case and must be investigated. In your case, hormonal cause is very likely but must be confirmed with blood test.

In the meantime, you can do a few things to ease your symptoms such as keep yourself cool and avoid hot environment, watch what you ear and avoid the triggers, relax and do some meditation. avoid smoking, lose weight. There are many dietary supplements to manage these symptoms, you can get the one with plant estrogen, black cohosh etc.

Please leave a positive rating by clicking stars on your screen so that I can get the credit for my time with you. If you have any follow-up question, you can reply to this post.

Regards,

Dr. Shah

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
Any suggestions on OTC named stuff? Any opinion on Amberen? I was just reading up on that!

You can go with Ameberin and see if it helps. Most people had positive experience with it.

Take care,

Dr. Shah
Dr. Shah, Doctor
Dr. Shah
Dr. Shah
Dr. Shah, Doctor