OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I changed probiotics two days ago. The one I have been

Customer Question
I changed probiotics two...

I changed probiotics two days ago. The one I have been taking is 7.5 billion. The one I started is 25 billion. I am 60 years old so I'm post menopausal. I have had vaginal discharge for the past two days and a little showing of blood this morning. I'm wondering if the probiotic is too strong for me and gave me an over abundance of lactobaccillus which can give you cycolytic vaginosis. I have not had discharge in years. Thank you,

Doctor's Assistant: In general, how has your health been lately?

I have Hashimotos and have been having a flare up of digestive issues lately.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Years ago I was tested for food sensitivities and I was sensitive to both bakers and brewers yeast.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: OB GYN
3/26/2018
OB GYN Doctor: DocPhilMD, Doctor replied 4 months ago
DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD, Doctor

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

Yes, that is very possible

Post menopausal bleeding is scary no matter what though
I think it could be the probiotic but I think you need checked too

is this helpful?

Not particularly! Are you an OBGYN?

I'm an internist

No thank you

would you like me to opt out?