OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

Can a woman contract genital herpes from bathing with a

Can a woman contract...

Can a woman contract genital herpes from bathing with a towel that she used on her face while she has cold sores on her mouth?

Doctor's Assistant: Do you have a fever? Do you have any other existing medical conditions?

No I suffer from cold sores from time to time

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No perfectly healthy

3/26/2018
DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD, Doctor

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

No they cannot

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
Thank you. How is genital herpes diagnosed?

The only way to truly diagnose is to swab an outbreak and culture it

the blood tests are not accurate

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today.

Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question).

We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!

DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD, Doctor
DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD, Doctor