OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I’m about 7 weeks pregnant and have been pressing on my

abdomen to see if it...
I’m about 7 weeks pregnant and have been pressing on my abdomen to see if it feels any different... my left side feels significantly larger than my right and I’m wondering if that’s normal? It’s not painful to press but I am just concerned since doctor think I am probably more at risk for an ectopic pregnancy due to hydrosaplinx.
3/26/2018
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Mild assymetry can occur and is not related to ectopic pregnancy as at 7 weeks there is no abdominal enlargement in either case so nothing much to worry about. Get an ultrasound to see the implantation site to rule out ectopic.

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you and that I have earned my 5-star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5-stars at the top of the screen (rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!

Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor