OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I had a DNC following a medical abortion on the 9th of March…

I had a DNC...

I had a DNC following a medical abortion on the 9th of March it was due to forced intercourse I was very emotional and had intercourse with my boyfriend three nights later

Doctor's Assistant: Is this your first time reaching out for information about this? In general, how would you describe your overall health?

I have been taking fertility medicine over the counter in fear that I wouldn't be able to conceive again I took a pregnancy test and it is reading positive but the second line is faint

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

The sense of urgency is my boyfriend is in the Army and gets deployed at the end of the month

Answered in 1 hour by:
3/26/2018
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

A faint second line can be due to hormones still raised as as a result of previous conception they take some time to go down but it can be a new pregnancy itself. You need to test again in a week time, if the line become dark it means hormones are going up and you have conceived again.

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you and that I have earned my 5-star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5-stars at the top of the screen (rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!

Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor