OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I have been 36 days late, with negative test. I have also…

I have been 36...

I have been 36 days late, with negative test. I have also been very nauseous especially mornings. I am extremely hungry like every 4 hours, if I don’t eat I get a headache to sleep. I am extremely tired. I have been to the doctor 2 weeks ago and they did a blood test. My doctor has recommended that I start on some medicine to get my period going. But I’m scared, what if I am pregnant and start taking this medicine and I end up losing the baby. I have been waiting a long for results but I feel like I am pregnant. But idk what else could I do?

Doctor's Assistant: Have you been keeping a personal medical record?

Yes

3/26/2018
Dr.M.D.Mazumdar

Welcome and thank you for your question.

How old are you?

Are your periods usually regular? Were they regular in the last 6 months?

Are you on any medicine?

Do you or does anyone in your family have diabetes?

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
I am 22. They are regular. I went through the same thing last year around September I ended up pregnant and had a miscarriage due to the medicine I was given. This time I feel/think it is the same. Last year November, 33 days late I finally started getting symptoms. Now I am 36 and the only symptoms I have now is fatigue really bad nausea (no vomiting) hunger, cravings. I have gain weight.

Thank you for your answer.

Normally, in a woman with regular periods, it is very unusual for a period to be delayed for 36 days.

Since you have a history of a similar occurance earlier, please ask for an ultrasound before you take the medicines. If you are pregnant, the ultrasound will show up a thickened endometrium even before the pregnancy test comes back positive.

I hope this helps.
Let me know if you need more information.
If not, please click on a positive rating (5 stars) to leave feedback.
Thank you.

Dr.M.D.Mazumdar
Customer reply replied 27 days ago
Thank you.
Dr.M.D.Mazumdar
Dr.M.D.Mazumdar
Dr.M.D.Mazumdar, Doctor