OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

Wondering I have my period 2 weeks ago. Normal period. 14…

Customer Question
Hello wondering I have...

Hello wondering I have my period 2 weeks ago . Normal period. 14 days later I have another . Why is this?

Doctor's Assistant: Have you been keeping a personal medical record?

I use pink pad

Submitted: 26 days ago.Category: OB GYN
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/26/2018
OB GYN Doctor: Dr.Das, Doctor replied 26 days ago
Dr.Das
Dr.Das, Doctor

Welcome and thank you for your question.

The second period could be either due to ovulation bleeding or withdrawal bleeding.

If the bleeding was lighter than normal and lasted 2-3 days, then it was probably ovulation bleeding.

If it was heavier and more like a normal period , i was due to withdrawal bleeding. This type of bleeding occurs when the estrogen level falls after fourteen days of the menstrual period but the progesterone level does not increase fast enough to cover for the estrogen fall.

The menstrual cycle will probably regularize in the next 3 - 4 months.

I hope this helped.
Let me know if you need more information.
If not, please click on a positive rating ( 5 stars) to leave feedback.

Thank you.

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
I have never experienced this . I’m very regular Every 28 days . Wake up in the Am and I have it . Last time I had something like this I was pregnant.

Thank you for your reply.

Pregnancy will occur if this is ovulation bleeding and you have sex during this time.

If you had ovulation bleeding earlier, then it is likely that you have ovulation bleeding this time too.

I hope this helped.

Thank you.

Dr.Das
Dr.Das
Dr.Das, Doctor