OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I have been getting regular menstrual cycles and I have seen…

Customer Question
I have been getting...

I have been getting regular menstrual cycles and I have seen my Primary Care provider to check for fibroids, endometriosis and other problems that can cause fertility issues but he said everything is fine. I am TTC and I don't know what the issue is. I don't think I am ovulating but my doctor said I should be if I'm having regular cycles. What could be the issue?

Doctor's Assistant: Have you been keeping a personal medical record?

I have

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Nothing major I have been given medication for BV and yeast infection buts thats it no major health problems

Submitted: 29 days ago.Category: OB GYN
3/25/2018
OB GYN Doctor: Dr Uzair, Doctor replied 29 days ago
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

For how long are you TTC?

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
About 2 years now

You should get a thorough fertility checkup by a fertility specialist and get checked for hormone levels, ovulation and for your tubes as well to find the exact cause. Sometimes it takes time but it should not be more than two years without any cause. Take multivitamins for a month and discuss getting ovulation induction medicines with your gynecologist.

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you and that I have earned my 5-star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5-stars at the top of the screen (rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
I got a pelvic ultrasound and I got my hormones checked and everything came back normal the only thing that was said was my endometrial lining was a little thick but not abnormal. Could that be a issue? And is it possible to have a normal 25-27 day cycle every month and not ovulate? and if I am not ovulating what could be the cause?

Thanks for the reply.

mild thickened endometrium is not an issue. And you must be ovulating. Your partner needs to be tested as male factor can be the cause.

Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor