OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I was in the gym shower and someone had left a plastic razor…

Customer Question
I was in the...

I was in the gym shower and someone had left a plastic razor on the soap dispenser. I did not get cut by the razor, but used that shower anyway and through it away to prevent harm to anyone when I was done.

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

No. Taking Xanax

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: OB GYN
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/25/2018
OB GYN Doctor: Richard Han, Board Certified MD replied 3 months ago
Richard Han
Richard Han, Board Certified MD
Hello my name is***** am a board-certified physician with over 15 years of clinical experience and I am happy to help you. Did you have a specific question regarding your use of that shower and/or how you discarded the plastic razor without getting cut?
Both.
Just send me information
No call
I would be happy to send you information here without any need for a phone call. But I’m still trying to understand what your concern is regarding the two things above as I do not see a clear question. Are you concerned about infection or exposure to germs?
OB GYN Doctor: Dr Uzair, Doctor replied 2 months ago
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor

Considering the whole scenario, touching the shower handle and throwing away the used razor do not put you on any health risk like HCV, HIV or any other dangerous infections so nothing much to worry about.

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you and that I have earned my 5-star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5-stars at the top of the screen (rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!

Please let me know if you have followup questions.