OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I am almost 16 weeks pregnant and had bad constipation

I am almost 16...

I am almost 16 weeks pregnant and had bad constipation causing what may be a prolapse? But when I looked in my you know area with a mirror I saw a spit of redness and maybe bumpy ness on the inside of what I think is a prolapse. I put neosporin on it and I’m just having some pressure since. It’s my third pregnancy and I’m miserable. I don’t know why it’s red and ulcer looking on one tiny part of the prolapse and I don’t even know if neosporin is safe.

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Any other symptoms?

I had a weak vaginal wall but the pressure started last night. If I stand up it feels like somethijg

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Is falling lol

3/25/2018
DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD, Doctor

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

Do you have a picture?

is this a private chat? I will send one if so.

yes it is

Did it send

so this is your rectum or vagina

I can't tell

This is the disgusting entire exterior and the redness is beneath the big bulge you se. The redness is the reason I put neosporin.
Vagina

Ok thank you. I can tell in the second picture

yes, you have pretty significant prolapse

I don't think the redness is anything worse than that

just some irriation

I think you should have an exam done though

you might have issues with the pregancy if the cervix is incompetent

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today.

Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question).

We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!

Ok thank you. Is that my cervix?

Yes, it is

ok. I will go in to my obgyn.Thank you. I will rate u 5 stars.

thanks!

I just forgot canthis cause contractions.

Yes, it can

absolutely

DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD, Doctor
Oh no. Then I’m having them or Braxton.K thanks again. No more questions.

thanks