OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I have had a small lump above my clitoris for about three…

I have had a...

I have had a small lump above my clitoris for about three years. It’s smooth but looks like there’s a Whitehead on the side. Can’t pop it or anything. Does not hurt. Doesn’t itch I’ve had a baby since it has been there but my gynecologist has never even brought it up and I really have just not thought too much about it just because it’s never bothered me. I only ask now because I see vulva cancer on commercials

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

There is no pain

3/25/2018
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Can you please post a photo here?

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
Please see the attached photo

Though the photo is not clear but it looks like a sebacious cyst which forms due to accumulation of secretions within the gland and is benign. However, it does not seems to be anything of serious nature plus you have no symptoms , it is better to get it exAMINED by your doctor on the next visit. No worries for cancer.

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you and that I have earned my 5-star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5-stars at the top of the screen (rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!

Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Customer reply replied 28 days ago
Thank you very much. Because of my age and my last pap being when I had my daughter two years ago I’m not due for a check up until next year so insurance may not cover a visit before then. I’m grateful this site is available for help in the meantime

My pleasure.

Best wishes for you.

Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor