OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

Im very depressed Im circumcised male 43 years living with…

Customer Question
Hi Doctor, Im very...

Hi Doctor, Im very depressedIm circumcised male 43 years living with family and child in sarawak (Malaysia). On 6th of March 2018 1am, had gentle unprotected vaginal sex (the girl on top position) with bar girl and we both were no sober about 1 to 2 minute ejacuated and went to wash room and cleaned by water as I couldnt find any tears or blood in my penis just washed by water (no soap in the washroom), and just washed my penis. She told she doesnt have any std and clean, I trusted her. On 9th of March 2018, felt burning urination and pain after urination also, went to the doctor as I thought normal infection, he prescribed doxycycline pills and pot citra tonic antibiotic for 1 week and the doctor asked any discharge, i said no as I havent noticed, then that day night i checked my penis, it was white discharge. then next day I went to different doctor and told him white discharge, the doctor told it might be gonorrhea (as not tested the blood) and injected gonorrhea penicillin (I didnt ask the name of injection as he told usually this injection for gonorrhea treatment), and the doctor asked to continue the same medicine of doxycycline pills and pot citra 6 days (as I started the medicine yesterday), the doctor advised after 6 day the gonorreah will be cured and advised me to take blood test after 3 months. After 2 days of treatment the pain was gone, but slight discharge (slight urine leakage less than 1 dose, some time it dry itself as I checked). After 7 days I mastrubuted the sperm was as usual quantity is ok, but after ejacuation it discharge drop by drop sperm and only it stops after urine, it was 1 to 2 minute to stop. After urine again the urine is leaking (less than 1 drop as counted in a hour). After 13th day of exposure on 19th of March 2018 until today 22th of March 2018, feel feverish and fatigue and feel chills the temperature is 37.1 from 1pm to 6pm and after 6pm the body temperature is normal. This 3 days happening same. Kindly advise what to do next. Please help doctor. Are gonorrhea and HIV transmit in same time with same single exposure. Cos this is the first time I had unprotected sex as I live with my wife and child. Im too much worrying doctor, please help.

Doctor's Assistant: In general, how has your health been lately?

Last 3 days 37.1 fever

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Doctor have you read my question doctor

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: OB GYN
I forgot to add. 1 to 2 minute had fingering to vagina also before vaginal intercourse
3/25/2018
OB GYN Doctor: Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor replied 3 months ago
Dr. Muneeb Ali

Welcome to JA and thanks for this question. I'm sorry to hear about your symptoms. Actually, the exposure that you had does indicate that you may have contracted gonorrhea via the intercourse that you had. The presence of white discharge along with the other symptoms that you have described do indicate that you contracted gonorrhea. Now ideally you should have been tested for ALL STDs including chlamydia, gonorrhea, herpes among others. The testing is important as it gives us a definite diagnosis and allows us to consider whether further treatment would be required or not.

Now to answer your question, YES HIV, chlamydia, gonorrhea, herpes, HPV can all be transmitted via single exposure IF the other person carried these infections at that time. Unprotected vaginal intercourse has a risk of about 0.14% for the transmission of HIV. This means that 14 people out of 10,000 would contract HIV via vaginal intercourse if they have intercourse with an HIV positive individual.

While your current symptoms, fever (a fever would be a temperature above 37.9 C, 37.1 is NOT a fever), chills and fatigue are NOT indicative of an HIV infection, it is STILL important to get tested for HIV. I would suggest that you get an HIV RNA PCR test done right now which will be 99.5% accurate at this time to exclude HIV and if necessary a repeat 4th generation HIV test can be done 3 months after exposure to completely confirm the absence of HIV.

So in short, I DONT believe that you have HIV, however, I would STRONGLY suggest that you DO get tested for HIV via the above tests.

Do you have any more questions?

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you and that I have earned my 5-star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!. You can also ask questions from me directly by going to the link below,

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-muneeb-ali/