OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I need a gyn that knows about DES. I am a DES daughter. I…

Customer Question
I need a gyn that...
I need a gyn that knows about DES. I am a DES daughter. I found that out in 1990 and have had regular paps and vaginal paps since that time. My paps have always been up and down. For the last 12 years, they were normal. Last year, the pap showed ASCUS, HPV negative. I went to a specialist and had a colposcopy with biopsies. He did not feel these changes were DES related. They were CIN1 and a Leep was not indicated. This year, again ASCUS, HPV negative. What concerns me is the vaginal pap was also ASCUS. That has never happened before. I want to have some assurance that this is not related to DES. I realize I will probably have to get another colposcopy and a LEEP, but I think I am more concerned with the vaginal smear. I will be 66 years old in June. Can dryness and irritation cause this result. Thanks.
Submitted: 27 days ago.Category: OB GYN
3/25/2018
OB GYN Doctor: Dr Stan, Doctor replied 27 days ago
Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor

Hello, my name is***** am US trained, Board Certified with 30 years of patient experience. Please allow me a moment to review your question.

Dr. C.
Dr. C.
Dr. C., Board Certified