OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I was just diagnosed with ghonorrhea, had amoxicillin about…

Customer Question
Hi i was just...

Hi i was just diagnosed with ghonorrhea, had amoxicillin about 5 months ago for infection due to injury. Does this mean likely i caught the sti after finishing my antibiotics? This will help me know if my bf cheated on me

Doctor's Assistant: When was your last pap smear? Have you ever had an irregular pap?

K

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Just 2 days ago, routine, dr said looked abnormal so tested for ghonorrhea and chlamydia, negative on chlamydia. Im quite sure he cheated. Just trying to wrap my head around this. I had injury on leg so 2 separate courses of antibiotics were prescibed around 5 months ago before my injury healed. And i had the pap smear 3 days ago

Doctor's Assistant: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? Have you noticed any swelling?

Have had no symptoms....i didnt even want to do test for sti, dr insisted. I used bathroom lot about 1.5, 2 weeks ago but this is normal as i drink lots of coffee, water...no other symptoms at all

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: OB GYN
3/24/2018
OB GYN Doctor: Richard Han, Board Certified MD replied 1 month ago
Richard Han
Richard Han, Board Certified MD

Hello my name is***** am a board-certified physician with over 15 years of clinical experience and I am happy to help you. You mentioned taking amoxicillin 5 months ago, but later mentioned "2 separate courses of antibiotics were prescribed around 5 months ago" Were both treatments amoxicillin, or did you receive a second different antibiotic, and if so do you recall which one?

OB GYN Doctor: DocPhilMD, Doctor replied 1 month ago
DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD, Doctor

No amoxicillin doesn't treat gonorrhea

OB GYN Doctor: DocPhilMD, Doctor replied 29 days ago
Thanks for this questionI strive for 5 star service for all customersIf you have more questions, just reply. :)
DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD, Doctor