OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

Recently I’ve observed that my vagina doesn’t create as much…

Hi! Recently I’ve observed...

Hi! Recently I’ve observed that my vagina doesn’t create as much moisture than usual, aches after sex no matter the insensitive, itches when he ejaculates in me- but I’ve been clear of STDs

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Does anything in particular seem to make the itch better or worse?

It first happened a month ago, but now it’s been frequent for 2 weeks. When he ejaculates inside me makes it worse, it feels better after a shower but returns.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I’ve never had a STD, but a UTI once (with no symptoms), I have a family history of ovarian cancer and have only been sexually active for 6-7 months

3/24/2018
Dr.Sawhney
Dr.Sawhney, Doctor

Welcome to justanswer.I am Dr.Sawhney and your complete satisfaction is my goal.I am reviewing your question and I would respond shortly.

Thanks for your question.
I need some more information.
What is your age?
Do you have any abnormal discharge from the vagina?
Any abnormal smell?
Customer reply replied 28 days ago
I’m 20 years old. I am discharging with an abnormal smell (but not bad, just not usual). Also I skipped my cycle for the month
Thanks for your reply.
You have probably developed an infection which is causing these symptoms.
Infection can either be bacterial or fungal.
Infection causes the lining of vagina to get inflamed causing pain on intercourse and symptoms like itching or burning.
Frequent intercourse and douching predispose to developing this condition.
You need to have yourself checked by a doctor who can examine you and prescribed need it treatment which may involve use of certain vaginal pessaries and oral medication.
You should also take live culture containing yoghurt as that helps maintain the floral balance in the vagina.
Feel free to ask any follow up questions.
Do take a moment to honour my work and time by rating my answer hopefully 5 stars.
Dr.Sawhney
Dr.Sawhney, Doctor
Dr.Sawhney
Dr.Sawhney
Dr.Sawhney, Doctor