OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I keep getting blisters in between my vagina and my thigh.

I keep getting blisters...

I keep getting blisters in between my vagina and my thigh. In the crease part. It’s a normal blister not like a cluster and I get them on both sides. When they go away they almost create like a crater type of scarring thing. I don’t think it’s an std.

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with the issue? In general, how has your health been lately?

I noticed the first one a while back probably like a year I don’t really remember because I just thought it was from my pants rubbing my leg or something. They have been more frequent(one every month or two months) since probably last september

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/24/2018
Dr Anil Kumar

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you. I am a board-certified consultant with over 30 years of experience. I’m reviewing your question and reply you soon.

Okay

Please provide more information regarding your question so I can help you in detail.

What is your age?

Are they very painful fluid- filled blisters?

Itching?

History of shaving and waxing on the affected area?

Excessive sweating?

Please upload a picture.

History of unprotected sex?

Are you taking any medications?

Waiting for your response.
Thanks

I am 18
They aren’t painful at all. I didn’t even notice I had one until just now. I think it’s probably fluid filled.
I’m uncomfortable with uploading a picture I’m sorry. It looks like a normal blister. I think I sweat averagely maybe more than normal. I have unprotected sex with my husband because I’m on the drop shot.
I do shave
Hello?

Thanks for all these additional information.

I understand your concern.

Well as you describe, these sound folliculitis/ sebaceous cyst formation.

Now I would recommend some self-care measures like
Do cool water sitz bath with betadine solution twice a day for 5-10 minutes.
And afterward, apply OTC 1% hydrocortisone cream mixed with bacitracin ointment twice a day.
Clean the area with DIAL soap and use OTC Abzorb powder afterward.
And keep the area dry and clean.
Wear loose-fitting cotton clothes to prevent friction.
Take OTC Motrin and Claritin for few days.
RepHresh Pro-B probiotic supplement that balances yeast and bacteria to maintain feminine health with just one capsule per day.

If your symptoms will persist and recurrent then HSV 2 IgG should be done to rule out Herpes.

Let me know if you have any further query so we can discuss it thoroughly in every aspect.

Please use the REPLY/SEND BUTTON to reply back to me. It’s requested to avoid poor/bad rating.

Please provide a positive rating by clicking on 5 stars.

It’s my pleasure to continue this conversation until you satisfy.

Waiting for your response.

Thanks.

What is it caused from?

Thanks for the follow-up.

It is caused due to improper hygiene, friction, irritation from shaving, excessive moisture, sweating, synthetic and tight-fitting clothes.

Hope this helps.
Use reply to let me know if you have further queries.
Please provide a positive rating by clicking on 5 stars and avoid poor/bad rating.
A bonus is highly appreciated.
We are here to help you until you satisfy.
Waiting for your response.
Thanks.

Dr Anil Kumar