OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I keep getting blisters in between my vagina and my thigh.

I keep getting blisters...

I keep getting blisters in between my vagina and my thigh. In the crease part. It’s a normal blister not like a cluster and I get them on both sides. When they go away they almost create like a crater type of scarring thing. I don’t think it’s an std.

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with the issue? In general, how has your health been lately?

I noticed the first one a while back probably like a year I don’t really remember because I just thought it was from my pants rubbing my leg or something. They have been more frequent(one every month or two months) since probably last september

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/24/2018
Dr Anil Kumar

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you. I am a board-certified consultant with over 30 years of experience. I’m reviewing your question and reply you soon.

Customer reply replied 30 days ago
Okay

Please provide more information regarding your question so I can help you in detail.

What is your age?

Are they very painful fluid- filled blisters?

Itching?

History of shaving and waxing on the affected area?

Excessive sweating?

Please upload a picture.

History of unprotected sex?

Are you taking any medications?

Waiting for your response.
Thanks

Customer reply replied 30 days ago
I am 18
They aren’t painful at all. I didn’t even notice I had one until just now. I think it’s probably fluid filled.
I’m uncomfortable with uploading a picture I’m sorry. It looks like a normal blister. I think I sweat averagely maybe more than normal. I have unprotected sex with my husband because I’m on the drop shot.
Customer reply replied 30 days ago
I do shave
Customer reply replied 30 days ago
Hello?

Thanks for all these additional information.

I understand your concern.

Well as you describe, these sound folliculitis/ sebaceous cyst formation.

Now I would recommend some self-care measures like
Do cool water sitz bath with betadine solution twice a day for 5-10 minutes.
And afterward, apply OTC 1% hydrocortisone cream mixed with bacitracin ointment twice a day.
Clean the area with DIAL soap and use OTC Abzorb powder afterward.
And keep the area dry and clean.
Wear loose-fitting cotton clothes to prevent friction.
Take OTC Motrin and Claritin for few days.
RepHresh Pro-B probiotic supplement that balances yeast and bacteria to maintain feminine health with just one capsule per day.

If your symptoms will persist and recurrent then HSV 2 IgG should be done to rule out Herpes.

Let me know if you have any further query so we can discuss it thoroughly in every aspect.

Please use the REPLY/SEND BUTTON to reply back to me. It’s requested to avoid poor/bad rating.

Please provide a positive rating by clicking on 5 stars.

It’s my pleasure to continue this conversation until you satisfy.

Waiting for your response.

Thanks.

Customer reply replied 30 days ago
What is it caused from?

Thanks for the follow-up.

It is caused due to improper hygiene, friction, irritation from shaving, excessive moisture, sweating, synthetic and tight-fitting clothes.

Hope this helps.
Use reply to let me know if you have further queries.
Please provide a positive rating by clicking on 5 stars and avoid poor/bad rating.
A bonus is highly appreciated.
We are here to help you until you satisfy.
Waiting for your response.
Thanks.

Dr Anil Kumar
Dr Anil Kumar
Dr Anil Kumar
Dr Anil Kumar, Doctor