OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I've tried looking online but having trouble finding a

Customer Question
Hi, I've tried looking...

Hi, I've tried looking online but having trouble finding a straight answer. Basically I stopped using my POP pill a couple of months ago, but had spur-of-the-moment unprotected sex last night. I still have some of the pill left (it's called Cerazette, from the UK, 0.75mg desogestrel pills) How many can I take and how often to equal an EC pill?? I only finished my most recent period on Wednesday - don't know how relevant that is...? Thanks for any help :)

Doctor's Assistant: Have you been keeping a personal medical record?

I know my own medical history pretty well...

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Nope; don't take any meds and have no health issues, I work out and eat healthily

Submitted: 28 days ago.Category: OB GYN
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/24/2018
OB GYN Doctor: Dr.Sawhney, Doctor replied 28 days ago
Dr.Sawhney
Dr.Sawhney, Doctor

Welcome to justanswer.I amCustomerand your complete satisfaction is my goal.I am reviewing your question and I would respond shortly.

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
Thank you. Your help is much appreciated.

Thanks for your question.

You have to start it as soon as possible after unprotected intercourse ( within 120 hours of intercourse) and you should take 8-12 pills within 24 hours period for it to act as an emergency contraceptive.

Feel free to ask any follow up questions.
Do take a moment to honour my work and time by rating my answer hopefully 5 stars.

Dr.Sawhney
Dr.Sawhney
Dr.Sawhney, Doctor