OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I thought I was in menopause (age 45). I haven't had a

Customer Question
I thought I was in...
I thought I was in menopause (age 45). I haven't had a regular period in 5 years. my last period lasted 1 year, every day for that time, BUT I haven't bled in a year and hoped I was off the hook. the period prior to that was 1 1/2 years long with a 9 month intermission. During that time I have had 2 stays in the hospital requiring blood transfusions, I am an O- with some kind of rarity that makes donors hard to cross with. Obviously I feel like a hysterectomy must be in order, but the other day I started bleeding profusely again and wonder why do I bleed as much as 2 or 3 people. what causes me to do that, its like a horror show. I bleed until my blood turns orange/
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: OB GYN
3/24/2018
OB GYN Doctor: Dr. Norm S., Board Certified OB/GYN replied 3 months ago
Dr. Norm S.
Dr. Norm S., Board Certified OB/GYN

When you say that your last period lasted one year, do you mean that you were bleeding every day for a year?

What has your doctor done about that bleeding? Have you had a D&C? Have you been given hormones? Thank you.