OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I had unprotected sex 8 weeks ago. I had vagina discharge a…

Customer Question
I had unprotected sex...

I had unprotected sex 8 weeks ago. I had vagina discharge a few days later and went to my obgyn a days after possible exposure. He did alll std tests except for heroes, told me it look like a bacteria infection and prescribed me meds. A week later they. Allen said it was yeast and put my on meds for that. During alll this my stress level sky rocketed because now I'm thinking what else do I have?, and googling all night, couldn't eat or sleep. Also I gave him oral and by now my throat is super sore so I went to a walkin clinic, they said it did not look like an std and put me on 10 days of antibiotics, which did not help my condition or my stress and anxiety. Oh, I also started taking Lo Loestrin Fe during all this because I was trying to skip my period (I'm suppose to be getting married) (the guy I had sex with I barely knew).. ugh At day 10 I had a 20 min hiv test done (negative). I begged the guy to get one also and his was also negative. I have had a feeling of stinging on the inside left side of my vagina. I keep looking at her and I don't see anything. I went back to obgyn at 6 weeks (this is when I was at the end of the antibiotics) and had them retest me (doctor said the meds would not affect results). All came back negative (thank god) I also went to my primary and got hsv2 blood test done (negative) and I went. Ack to obgyn because the area of my vagina that is stinging was really bad, he found a "pimple" it popped so he swabbed it and sent it to lab for culture for herpies, it came back negative!

Doctor's Assistant: Back (~medical bodypart) How long have you used Loestrin? How long have you dealt with the discharge?

I started the pill 3 weeks after the encounter. Bye- I paid for the guy to go get tested at a lab (needed some peace of mind) all his labs came back negative. I just don't understand what is this stinging feeling??? My obgyn said I'm over stressed and that may be affecting me

Doctor's Assistant: When was your last pap test, and what were the results? Any swelling, discoloration, or unusual smells?

My pap was last year alll good. (I did have HPV about 8 years ago but I believe my body got ride of it). I don't see any sweeping or discoloration. No unusual smells. However my whole vagina does feel irritated, I read that could be a side affect of the pill. But I don't find anything regarding the stinging and the pill

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No, just my throat is still sore and dry cough with some post nasal drip gnext goung to ENT next week

Submitted: 28 days ago.Category: OB GYN
Customer reply replied 28 days ago
I also have mild cramps (pain) that come and go- doc said is body getting adjust to pill.??Also the first 2-4 weeks after possible expo sure I was super fatigued and felt sick.
But I also was not eating or sleeping( maybe 2 hours a night). I Lost around 10 lbs during all this. So I'm. It sure if fatigue and over all suck feeling was due to anxiety stress and GUILT
Customer reply replied 28 days ago
My vagina is also a lot dryer than normal, I have been using A&D ointment on and in her to help with the irritation - nurse at obgyn said that my vagina has been thru a lot in such a short time. Stress, pill and doctor inside her 4 times in 8 weeks. So she's not happy
Idk????
Customer reply replied 28 days ago
I initially went 8 days after exposure, that's when I first got tested
Customer reply replied 28 days ago
Could I have herpes???
Even though his blood work (igg) came back negative for hsv1 and hsv2 , and my hsv2 plus culture was also negative?
Or can I have something else???
3/24/2018
OB GYN Doctor: Dr David, Doctor replied 28 days ago
Dr David
Dr David, Doctor

This is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

you need to talk to your doctor about treatment for your bad anxiety symtpoms

there are medications to help decrease your anxiety symptoms.

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
But what about the std's???
Is there a chance I may have one even though we both tested negative for everything???Could I have hsv2 or anything else??
Customer reply replied 27 days ago
Hi
Can someone PLEASE answer me
OB GYN Doctor: ,  replied 27 days ago
Phone call session started
Dr. C.
Dr. C.
Dr. C., Board Certified