OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I have some dirt looking specs when i wipe after urinating.

Customer Question
Hello, i have some...

Hello, i have some brown dirt looking specs when i wipe after urinating. Sometimes an itch. What can i do?

Doctor's Assistant: When was your last pap smear? Have you ever had an irregular pap?

Almost a year ago, no never irregular.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Not that i can think of

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: OB GYN
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/23/2018
OB GYN Doctor: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor replied 1 month ago

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ik

Your symptoms are suggestive of urinary tract infection. You should get a urine exam and urine culture. Meanwhile following measures would be helpful;

1) Drinking plenty of fluids and water

2) Cranberry extract capsule.

3) Avoiding alcohol drinks and caffeine drinks

You may need a course of antibiotics if the symptoms persist or aggravate.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Even though there is no burning when urinating?

UTI can have atypical symptoms. Also a mild grade infection may not have burning or increased frequency.

Also these symptoms can be due to casts and crystals. They show the tendency to form the stone.

It is privilege assisting you.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.

You can continue to ask questions after positive feedback.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl

Stay blessed.

Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor