OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I am 38 and have 3 kids. Thought my period came Monday.

There was a little blood...
I am 38 and have 3 kids. Thought my period came Monday. There was a little blood then went away no period. On Wed I took a pregnancy test, but was negative. I am married, but we weren't active, but about once, so chances are very low. This morning there was a little blood and thought my period came, but it still is not. I have been under stress. I forgot exact day of my period last month, but it was around the 22nd of Feb. I take prozac 80 mg. My periods are usually normal. Should I just watch and wait?
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/23/2018
Dr. Su S
Dr. Su S, Doctor(MD)

Greetings,
Thank you for your question.
I am Dr. Su S
I will try my best to help you.
I will answer in a moment/request for further information.

Do you feel any other symptom? pain?

I have been extra tired. I feel bloated and on and off nausea.
No pain

Thank you for the input.
I am very sorry for your symptoms.
Scanty period or irregular bleeding can occur from various causes.
Pregnancy is not an issue here.
There are a few other causes.
An illness or infection can cause abnormality in menstruation.

A viral one can cause few symptoms like tiredness.
You are not having any pain or other major symptom.
Emotional stress, anxiety can delay the cycle or cause mild bleeding.

Sometimes, no cause can be apparent.
I would advise not to worry.
You can just watch & wait.
I hope this information will be helpful.
If you have any query, please feel free to ask.
Your satisfaction is my goal.
Wish you healthy life.
Regards.

Dr. Su S
Dr. Su S, Doctor(MD)