OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I was prescribed 4pills of metronidazole and took them about…

I was prescribed 4pills...

I was prescribed 4pills of metronidazole and took them about 7hrs ago but is still having an awful itch to the point I can’t get any rest and pacing the floors. Is there anything I can do to relieve this awful itch. It’s almost painful

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

I was diagnosed with Trichomoniasis and i have tried to use coconut oil, tea tree oil, apple cider vinegar and nothing is working. I thought after I took the 4 pills that it would have eased up by mow

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I started taking kflex about 2 weeks ago because I was originally told it was a UTI then when that didn’t work I was put on macrobid and it just kept getting worse until I went to ER where they diagnosed me with Trichomoniasis

3/23/2018
Dr. Su S
Dr. Su S, Doctor(MD)

Greetings,
Thank you for your question.
I am Dr. Su S
I will try my best to help you.
I will answer in a moment/request for further information.

How old are you?

Did you take any other medicine now?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I am 43 and I’m not taking any other medicine now, I just took the 4 metronozidale pills. I didn’t resume my macrobid

Thank you for the input.
I am very sorry for your symptoms.
Metronidazole can take some time to have effect.
You can now take Claritin or Zyrtec to relieve the itch.
Those are available over the counter.
You can take sitz bath.
This consists of sitting in luke warm water for 10-15 minutes.
You can repeat it 2-3 times a day.
If the symptom continues, I would advise to take an examination by doctor again.
I hope this information will be helpful.
If you have any query, please feel free to ask.
Your satisfaction is my goal.
If you are happy with my answer please click on 5 star rating so that I can get the credit for helping you.
Wish you healthy life.
Regards.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you so much that is helpful info. I will click 5star

You are always welcome.

You can see the rating button on the upper left corner.
Please click 5 star button so that I can get credit for helping you.
Without positive rating I will not get the credit for helping you.
Warm Regards

Dr. Su S
Dr. Su S, Doctor(MD)
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you
Dr. Su S
Dr. Su S
Dr. Su S, Doctor(MD)