OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

Following severl months itchy vagina it is now almost pure.

Following severl months itchy...

Following severl months itchy vagina it is now almost pure white

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Does anything in particular seem to make the itch better or worse?

Intermittently over 6 months......no it comes and goes often worse at night

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No nothing i can think off

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/23/2018
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor

Dear customer

This is Dr. Josh. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

What i your age?

Do you have any vaginal discharge besides this itching?

Any foul odor there?

age 59
no discharge or odor

Dear customer

Thank you for being online.

The symptoms you have described of having itchy vagina since several months & now getting severe itching is most likely due to yeast infection.It is one of the most common infection in females.

Although there is no discharge or odor,still the yeast infection seems to be the most probable cause of your symptoms.

Following is recommended for you now:

· Apply ointment monistat vaginal cream.It is a broad spectrum anti-fungal agent.It is available as over the counter without prescription & will help you greatly.

· Probiotics are one of the most important parts of a Candida albicans/yeast infection cure..There are many brands of probiotics easily available as over the counter at your pharmacy.

If still after this the symptoms persists,then you need to make an appointment with your doctor as prescription oral antifungal medication like fluconazole (diflucan) or Itraconazole (sporanox) will then be required accordingly.Usually & most likely,the symptoms gets subside with these treatment & doctor visit & prescription medications are less likely required.

Thank you

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today ,we only get after positive feedback.

Bonus is highly appreciated.

We are here to help you until you satisfy.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor