OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I have been having thick discharge and itching. I took the…

Customer Question
I have been having thick...
I have been having thick white discharge and itching. I took the monistat health test and it turned green. What is this indacating?
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: OB GYN
3/23/2018
OB GYN Doctor: Dr Anil Kumar, Doctor replied 4 months ago
Dr Anil Kumar

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you. I am a board-certified consultant with over 30 years of experience. I’m reviewing your question and reply you soon.

Please provide more information regarding your question so I can help you in detail.

Do you have fish smelled vaginal discharge?

Are you taking any medications?

Since how long have you been suffering from?
Waiting for your response.
Thanks

No distinct smell. I have taken milk of magnesia for constipation but nothing else. It’s a chunky white discharge and very itchy. I used the monistat Health tear and the indicator turned green

Sorry for late reply and inconvenience.

Thanks for all these additional information.

I understand your concern.

Well as you describe, green indicator suggest positive result for a vaginal infection.

Now I would recommend some self-care measures like
Do cool water sitz bath with betadine solution twice a day for 5-10 minutes.
And afterward, apply OTC 1% hydrocortisone cream mixed with Clotrimazole ointment twice a day.
Clean the area with DIAL soap and use OTC Abzorb powder afterward.
And keep the area dry and clean.
Wear loose-fitting cotton clothes to prevent friction.
Take OTC Motrin and Claritin for few days.
RepHresh Pro-B probiotic supplement that balances yeast and bacteria to maintain feminine health with just one capsule per day.

You see your doctor for further prescribed medications.

Let me know if you have any further query so we can discuss it thoroughly in every aspect.

Please use the REPLY/SEND BUTTON to reply back to me. It’s requested to avoid poor/bad rating.

Please provide a positive rating by clicking on 5 stars.

It’s my pleasure to continue this conversation until you satisfy.

Waiting for your response.

Thanks.

It’s my privilege to help you if you have any further query regarding your this health issue.
May I help you further?
Waiting for your response.