OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

Can bacterial vaginal cysts burst and and cause cyst on the…

Customer Question
Second opinion] Can bacterial...

Second opinion] Can bacterial vaginal cysts burst and and cause cyst on the outside of the vagina?

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with the issue? In general, how has your health been lately?

Acouple days i have had a couple cyst like things on the outside of the vagina

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I have endometriosis

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: OB GYN
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/23/2018
OB GYN Doctor: Dr.M.D.Mazumdar, Doctor replied 3 months ago
Dr.M.D.Mazumdar

Welcome and thank you for your question.

I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment.

Bursting of Bacterial vaginal cysts cannot directly cause cysts outside the vagina. But sometimes the infected material from the cysts may spread outside the vagina and cause infection in the skin.

I hope this helps.
Let me know if you need more information.
If not, please click on a positive rating (5 stars) to leave feedback.
Thank you.