OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I'm having soreness on the right side of my vagina. Also…

I'm having soreness on...

I'm having soreness on the right side of my vagina. Also swollen. Feels like I maybe pulled something

Doctor's Assistant: How old are you? What symptoms are you having?

26. No symptoms. Just been sore for the past five days

Doctor's Assistant: When was your last pap test or pelvic exam? Any irregular results from past exams?

A year ago. Just a yeast infection

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/22/2018
Dr. J
Dr. J, Board Certified OB/GYN

Hi there. Board-certified obgyn here.

May I ask if you notice any lumps, or is the whole labia swollen?

The whole labia swollen

It is possible that either there was some trauma (like something happened to that side that caused it to become swollen) or exposure to something that irritated you.

Is it red at all?

No redness just swollen and tender on that side
Like I pulled a muscle or something
Dr David
Dr David, Doctor

This is Dr. David

have you been sexually active recently?

any heavy lifting or straining of the muscles there?

I was recently active.
Yes I lift at work.

you may have strained a groin muscle in the area which can be quite painful

heating pads and gentle groin stretches could help

I'm in need of relief.. I've been sore since Saturday.. Never experienced anything like it
What will help with the swelling? I just bought some Epsom salt

you can take a hot epsom salt bath

you can use heating pads and alternate with an ice pack on the area wrapped in a towel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H29Th36wzfs

are some groin stretches you can go.

you can try taking tylenol and ibuprofen 200-400mg to help with pain

when you lift, make sure you lift with your legs and not your back and keep your legs shoulder width apart.

Let me know if you have other questions.
If done for now, please leave Positive Rating of 5 Stars so I can get credit for helping you today.
We only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback. (You may have to scroll up or down see the ratings area)
You can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions.
Here is my website if you need to reach me:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/
Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

Do you know how long it might take to heal?

everyone heals differently

groin muscle pulls can take a few weeks to a few months to heal.

eating more protein and fruits and vegetables can help muscles heal in your body

No sexual activity until healed?

best to avoid sex until it heals

the groin muscle is really next and close to the vagina.

you may not like sex with a sore groin muscle

The. Thanks for your help.

you are welcome

do you see the ratings area?

thanks for using JustAnswer.com

Dr David
Dr David, Doctor

thanks

thanks for using JustAnswer.com