OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I had a complete hysterectomy 20 yrs ago, I've been waiting…

I had a complete...

I had a complete hysterectomy 20 yrs ago, I've been waiting on recent pap smear results for two weeks, should I be worrief?

Doctor's Assistant: How old are you? What symptoms are you having?

I'm 53 years old, I'm not sexually active. I'm very dry, and have a light discharge that smells unpleasant to me but not foul.

Doctor's Assistant: When was your last pap test or pelvic exam? Any irregular results from past exams?

I'm not on hormones

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

My last pap was nine years ago and it was normal.

3/22/2018
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

There is nothing to worry about in just waiting for two weeks and your symptoms do not suggest anything of serious nature so stay positive and do not get worried.

sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you and that I have earned my 5-star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5-stars at the top of the screen (rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I'm just worried, I've never waited two weeks for a result.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Why are my results taking so long?

Thanks for the reply.

Wait can be due to technical reasons and has nothing to do with abnormal results, so no worries.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have a very lite discharge that smells unpleasant, I'm basically non active sexually, the spectualar was very painful, when inserted. I want to resume the premarin vaginal cream. I only used it once. It really helped with dryness. I'm waiting for these pap results, before my Dr will prescribe .

Alright that is fine but do not stress yourself due to a delay in result.

Please do not forget to click on 5 stars.

Best wishes.

Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you..
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I got second opinion. Thank you

I hope you got reassurance, please make it to 5 stars if you can now.

Best wishes.

Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor