OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I have a question about whether or not it's possible to tell…

Hi, I have a...

Hi, I have a question about whether or not it's possible to tell if you've had a miscarriage after an extended period of time (almost a year)

Doctor's Assistant: Are you in any pain? How regular are your periods?

No; now they've been relatively regular

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No thank you

3/21/2018
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

After a year it is not possible to tell if you had a miscarriage or not.

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you and that I have earned my 5-star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5-stars at the top of the screen (rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!

would you be able to give me your best guess yes or no if i gave the symptoms/experience at all? sorry, it would really just help me to have some idea of whether or not my experience and feelings are valid

Yes, please what are your symptoms?

prior to the event I had a missed period and extensive vomiting and nausea, as well as much more exhaustion than normal (i was sleeping 10 hours a day the last few weeks as opposed to my typical 5-7); about six weeks after what would have been the date of conception I had cramps more painful and extensive than any I've ever had and the heaviest period of my life; the nausea and vomiting abruptly discontinued, my sleep became irregular, and I was overwhelmed with sadness whenever I least expected it

From the description, it seems to be a miscarriage especially if you missed you period as well.

Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
thank you