OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I have light yellow/ discharge w/ burning during urination.

Customer Question
I have light yellow/green...

I have light yellow/green discharge w/ burning during urination. Have been tested twice for yeast, bv, Trich, and all stds. 3 pelvic exams, 3 urine samples. Everything has come back negative. Was diagnosed with ocd and major anxiety disorder, but I am still feeling pain/having discharge. Could anxiety produce these types of symptoms?

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with the burning? Are you experiencing any other discomfort?

6 months on and off. Vulva and cervix look normal (per OBGYN)

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Had a kidney infection 3 years ago but nothing since then

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: OB GYN
3/21/2018
OB GYN Doctor: Dr. Shah, Doctor replied 4 months ago
Dr. Shah
Dr. Shah, Doctor

My name is***** and am reviewing your question now. I will respond to your question or request additional information shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Although anxiety can cause many somatic symptoms but, it can not cause discharge or persistent urethral burning. Although most common cause of urethritis and discharge is infection, but non-infection causes such as chemical irritation, urethral narrowing or abnormalities can cause burning. It might be the part of urethral syndrome and further exploration is needed. Since you have already been to your OBGYN, I suggest you to visit an urologist to explore the cause of burning.

Please leave a positive rating by clicking stars on your screen so that I can get the credit for my time with you. If you have any follow-up question,you can reply to this post.

Regards,

Dr. Shah

Did you get my answer? Please let me know if you have any follow-up question for me.