OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I was wondering if I need to make an appointment to see my…

Customer Question
Hi I was wondering...

Hi I was wondering if I need to make an appointment to see my obgyn. I’m on birth control had sex without a condom took the plan b a couple hours later but I’m sleepy cramping and spotting and it’s been two weeks since intercourse

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you used condom? When did your last period begin?

Last period was feb 27th till March 3rd

Doctor's Assistant: When was your last pap test, and what were the results? Any swelling, discoloration, or unusual smells?

I don’t remember my last test. Nothing abnormal

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I don’t think so

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: OB GYN
3/21/2018
OB GYN Doctor: Dr. Shah, Doctor replied 3 months ago
Dr. Shah
Dr. Shah, Doctor

Welcome to Justanswer!

My name is***** and am reviewing your question now.

How long have you been on pills? Did you miss any dose?

I’ve been on them for 2 years but I don’t take them the same exact time everyday

Thanks for the information.

Since you were on pills for two years and also took plan b immediately. The risk of pregnancy is extremely low. Your spotting and cramps are possibly the side effects of plan b and it's not uncommon to see these side effects after taking plan b. I think you should just wait for your next period and things would return to normal. No action required at this time.

Please leave a positive rating by clicking stars on your screen so that I can get the credit for my time with you. If you have any follow-up question,you can reply to this post.

Regards,

Dr. Shah

Did you get my answer? Please let me know if you have any follow-up question for me.

Do you have any follow-up question for me? If not, please leave a positive rating by clicking stars on your screen so that I can get the credit for my time with you.