OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

Thanks. I have a concern I have a pink discharge with a

Thanks . I have...

Thanks . I have a concern I have a pink discharge with a unusual odor the only difference is I’ve been taking baths this week due to my body aching from work being exhausted and my cycle is suppose to start next week. Can you tell me what should I do or what I might be ?

Doctor's Assistant: When was your last pap smear? Have you ever had an irregular pap?

It’s been a year and it is time for another pap for this year and no I haven’t had a abnormal pap

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I was diagnosed with PCOS and endometriosis

3/21/2018
Dr Anil Kumar

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you. I am a board-certified consultant with over 30 years of experience. I’m reviewing your question and reply you soon.

Please provide more information regarding your question so I can help you in detail.

What is your age?

Are your periods regular?

Are you taking any medications, birth control pills or other contraception?

Is it foul smelled?

Itching, pain in the vagina?

Frequent urination?

Burning sensation during urination?

History of unprotected sex?

Waiting for your response.
Thanks

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I’m 33 yrs old , yes lately my cycles have been regular, no medications , yes it’s smell like old blood but the discharge is light pink , no pain , yes little iching outside my vagina area , no frequency of urinating , no burning and yes with unprotected sex with my fiancé relationship of 2yrs.

Thanks for all these additional information.

I understand your concern.

Well as you describe, The light pink discharge before your periods is probably due to the slow onset of your cycle.This results in spotting as you are experiencing. Just to note the menstrual cycle is sensitive to changes in our lives.

Many things, such as a change in weight, travel, stress, surgery and even change in diet and activity can affect it. These changes can cause a change in our hormones and can result in intermenstrual bleeding.

As you have little itching so you can have some vaginal or cervical inflammation which can result in such discharge.

Now I would recommend some self-care measures like
Do cool water sitz bath with betadine solution twice a day for 5-10 minutes.
And afterward, apply OTC 0.5% hydrocortisone cream mixed with bacitracin ointment twice a day on the outside of the vagina
Clean the area with DIAL soap and use OTC Abzorb powder afterward.
And keep the area dry and clean.
Wear loose-fitting cotton clothes to prevent friction.
Take OTC Motrin and Claritin for few days.
RepHresh Pro-B probiotic supplement that balances yeast and bacteria to maintain feminine health with just one capsule per day.

Abstain from sexual activity for a week.

Let me know if you have any further query so we can discuss it thoroughly in every aspect.

Please use the REPLY/SEND BUTTON to reply back to me. It’s requested to avoid poor/bad rating.

Please provide a positive rating by clicking on 5 stars.

It’s my pleasure to continue this conversation until you satisfy.

Waiting for your response.

Thanks.

Dr Anil Kumar
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you very much and I will try everything you suggested me to do to fix this uncomfortable matter.

I wish for your good health.
Welcome.
Kind Regards
Dr.Anil

Dr Anil Kumar
Dr Anil Kumar
Dr Anil Kumar, Doctor