OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I have a concern about my period spotting and something

Customer Question
Hi there, I have a...
Hi there, I have a concern about my period spotting and something else. Im a 21 year old female and recently i've been feeling a bit uncomfortable in my rectum. However I am confused as to whether this feeling is coming from my cervix or my rectum itself. When I sit, there is a dull ache and it feels like I need to stretch it out. I know this is not a muscle pain for sure because after some self-investigation, I felt a lump on the other side of my vagina when I inserted my finger. It was a hard lump inside my rectum, and thus I inserted my finger 2cm-3cm up into my rectum (yikes!) and felt a big hard lump, the size of a grape or so. When pressing it, it causes that same dull ache I experience when sitting down.Does this have something to do with my uterus or vagina? Or is this a internal hemmerhoid or tumour?
Thanks
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: OB GYN
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/21/2018
OB GYN Doctor: Sumanth Amperayani, Board Certified MD replied 3 months ago
Sumanth Amperayani
Sumanth Amperayani, Board Certified MD

Hi...Welcome to Just Answer. I am Dr. Sumanth Amperayani and I am here to help you today. I have 13 years of experience in the field of Health Care at a tertiary care referral hospital in Chennai, India. I will do my level best to alleviate your health concern. I am currently reviewing your question. I will be back in a moment to guide you further.

Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani

Hi... I understand your concern.
I have gone through your symptom analysis and your physical examination findings in detail.
With that I put forth these possibilities -
1. Hemorrhoids
2. Solitary rectal ulcer
3. Para rectal lymph node which is normal which is palpable.Hemorrhoids need not be worried about unless you have bleeding manifestation. Para rectal lymph node need not be worried about unless there is any other symptom related to abnormal bowel habits or pain. Solitary rectal ulcer is something which read statement and at the most treatment of constipation with laxatives will do the trick. If the abnormal sensation is still persisting then you can consult your physician." I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (this is the only way we professionals get credited for our time and professional effort). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know.A bonus is highly appreciated....Thank you!".If you are happy with my interaction and guidance, next time if you have any health concern, you can approach me directly at the following link please -https://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drsumanth/?rpt=3800Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani

Hi, just checking in to see how things are going. Do you need further assistance?

I will be glad to be of assistance to you if you have any further questions in this health regard please

Kind regards – Dr. Sumanth Amperayani