OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

We had safe sex and missed the period. So we tested and

Hi, we had safe...

Hi, we had safe sex and missed the period. So we tested and result is -ve .

Doctor's Assistant: Are you using any contraceptives? When did your last period begin?

Last period is on Feb 6, and when we squeeze milk is coming.

Doctor's Assistant: When was your last pap test, and what were the results? Any swelling, discoloration, or unusual smells?

We did twice on 15th & 21 both are -ve

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Last year December we had unsafe sex and got pregenent . We used unwanted kit and abortions is successful.

3/21/2018
Dr Anil Kumar

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you. I am a board-certified consultant with over 30 years of experience. I’m reviewing your question and reply you soon.

Hi, yes sure

Please provide more information regarding your question so I can help you in detail.

What is your age?

Are your periods regular after the abortion?

Any weight changes?

Stress and anxiety?

Are you taking any medications, birth control pills?

Any history of condom broke?

Any other medical history?

Waiting for your response.
Thanks

Hi , I am 26years old. After abortion yes, no weight changes.no stress and anxiety. After abortion no medication.No condom broke. No thats the last first and last.
When I squeeze milk is coming.

Thanks for all these additional information.

I understand your concern.

Well as you describe, with protected sex and negative urine pregnancy test, chances of pregnancy are very negligible.

Your missed period can be associated with hormonal imbalance.

So, you should consult your gynecologist and your doctor may advise some form of progesterone to induce a period and further investigations like ultrasound, blood work like Thyroid function test, LH, FSH, Prolactin etc may be advised for further diagnosis and management.

High serum Prolactin level can cause missed period and nipple discharge.

Let me know if you have any further query so we can discuss it thoroughly in every aspect.

Please use the REPLY/SEND BUTTON to reply back to me. It’s requested to avoid poor/bad rating.

Please provide a positive rating by clicking on 5 stars.

It’s my pleasure to continue this conversation until you satisfy.

Waiting for your response.

Thanks.

Dr Anil Kumar
No, thank you . I am satisfied,will check with local gynecologist.

I wish for your good health.
Welcome.
Kind Regards
Dr.Anil