OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I recently complete an HSG test and got the following report…

I recently complete an...

I recently complete an HSG test and got the following report the uterine cavity is seen without filling defects, anatomical abnormalities or scarring (synechiae)evident what does that mean? The left fallopian tube is not visualized The ampullary segment of the right fallopian tube is visualized and appears mildly dilated suggestive of possible pyo/hydrosalpinx

Doctor's Assistant: When was your last pap smear? Have you ever had an irregular pap?

Non-patency of the bilateral fallopian October 2017 , it was normal

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No I have never had a abnormal pap

3/20/2018

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

Your left fallopian tube is likely to be blocked.

The right fallopian tube seems to be infected which may have either pus (pyo) or inflammation (hydrosalpinx).

Uterus cavity is normal.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Is there any treatment that can be done?

For right fallopian tube, you would require antibiotic.

For left fallopian tube blockage, a surgery can open the block.

For fertility, in vitro fertilization can be done.

It is privilege assisting you.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
thanks for your response.Ok so treating the right will not return fertility.

You are very welcome.

Treating the right would return the fertility but not by 100%.

If both the tubes are patent, fertility would be 100%. If one would be patent, it would be 50%.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

It is privilege assisting you.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
this information is very useful.Another questions before I go, how effective are antibiotics treatment for this ailment? How long will I need to take antibiotics for? and how do I prevent this from happening again?

Antibiotics are effective, but this needs to be taken for 3-4 weeks. This eradicates the infection and prevent the recurrence.

Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.

You can continue to ask questions after positive feedback.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl

Stay blessed.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have rate you for your excellent feedback.So I now need to take this back to my ob/gyn for a prescription of antibiotics? Do you recommend doing a follow-up HSG after treatment is complete to check patency.

Thanks for the rating. I really appreciate it.

Yes, you need to go to your gynecologist for the prescription of antibiotic.

Usually a follow HSG would be done after completion of the treatment.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
ok, thanks again and do enjoy the rest of your day

Very welcome, have a great evening.

Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor