OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

What does endometrial biopsy mean when it says ..Early

What does endometrial...

What does endometrial biopsy mean when it says ..Early secretory phase endometrium.

Doctor's Assistant: When was your last pap smear? Have you ever had an irregular pap?

3weeks ago it was normal with moderate inflammation

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

The did mri and it says right tube pyosalpinx with cmponents of hematasalpinx and fluid in uterine cornua.

3/20/2018
Dr.M.D.Mazumdar

Welcome and thank you for your question.

'early stage secretory phase' means that you have just ovulated and the endometrium is showing secretory changes in the endometrium in response to to the rising levels of progesterone. This is normal.

I hope this helps.
Let me know if you need more information. If not, please click on a positive rating (5 stars) to leave feedback.
Thank you.

Dr.M.D.Mazumdar
Dr.M.D.Mazumdar
Dr.M.D.Mazumdar
Dr.M.D.Mazumdar, Doctor