Dr.M.D.Mazumdar
Dr.M.D.Mazumdar, Doctor
Experience:  MD (Obst&Gynecology). More than 20 years practise in private practice
1725470

I was diagnosef with hpv over 5 yrs ago and while i go

Hi i was diagnosef with hpv over 5 yrs ago and while i go regularly to my gyno for annual checkups, she’s always told me that the virus goes away on its own. Im 53, will it take longer to go away because im older? Is there anything i can do nutritionally to help?
JA: How old is she? What symptoms is she having?
Customer: Im 53 and have no symptoms.
JA: When was her last pap test or pelvic exam? Any irregular results from past exams?
Customer: 6 months ago and no irregularities
JA: Anything else in her medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I had several colposcopies done when i was first diagnosed but all was well and i havent had to go back for a colposcopy for over 2 yrs
JA: Back (~medical bodypart)
Customer: Sorry i dont understand?

Welcome and thank you for your question.

I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Thanks
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
No ...i’ll stick to the txt.
Thanks

Thank you for your patience.

Yes, HPV usually goes away in about 2 years. But a low nutritional level or poor health may cause the HPV to remain longer. It is not related to age but to the health status.

Please take a multivitamin supplement to improve your immunity. Regular exercises and meditation also help in boosting the immunity.

I hope this helps.
Let me know if you need more information. If not, please click on a positive rating (5 stars) to leave feedback.
Thank you.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
it could still go away after all this time?

Yes, it can still go away after this time.