OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I took plan and 8 days later had black discharge for 2 days…

Hi! I took plan...

Hi! I took plan b and 8 days later had brown black discharge for 2 days and was ovulating when took plan b. Can I be pregnant?

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you used Plan B? How long have you dealt with the discharge?

Just once and 6 hours unprotected sex. It was for 2 days and a half but was very light

Doctor's Assistant: When was your last pap test, and what were the results? Any swelling, discoloration, or unusual smells?

6 months ago everything normal. And no smells no cramps just discharge no pain

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Endometriosis

3/20/2018
medicaldoctor

Hello and welcome to Justanswer,I shall be consulting you today.

So plan B is very effective when taken within 24 hours.

It is completely normal to experience bleeding or spotting after taking plan B as it contains a hormone called progesterone that disturbs the normal bleeding pattern and causes bleeding or spotting.

If there is no bleeding or spotting after 2 weeks of taking plan b then a pregnancy test is advised.

Since you took it 6 hours after sex so it is almost about 95 percent effective.

It is not definite that your not pregnant but chances are very very low.So don't worry.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Do take a moment to click on the stars and rate this positively with 5 stars.

Thank you

medicaldoctor