Dr. Shah
Dr. Shah, Doctor
Experience:  Many years of extensive work experience in Obstetrics, Gynecology and Women's Health
12501846

I am having order inside my vagina even though I clean it

Customer Question

Hello
JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: I am having order inside my vagina even though I clean it and I don't know why
JA: How long have you been dealing with the issue? In general, how has your health been lately?
Customer: Literally just this past saturday it started. I had sex on friday afternoon, which was the last day of my period, so I don't know if that's the reason I have never had this problem before but at the same time it was my first time having sex on my period...there was no blood on the last day though
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Shah replied 8 months ago.

My name is***** and am reviewing your question now. I will respond to your question or request additional information shortly.

Expert:  Dr. Shah replied 8 months ago.

Occasional mild vaginal odor without any other symptoms such as itching, pain, or discharge is not of a concern. However, when there is a strong vaginal odor such as fishy smell, it suggest vaginal infection. The most common causes of vaginal odor are bacterial vaginiosis, poor hygiene, STDs etc. Sometimes, odor is more noticeable after having sex, but should not last long. If you problem is there for a while, it would be a good idea to get vaginal swab to pin point the cause of odor.

Please leave a positive rating by clicking stars on your screen so that I can get the credit for my time with you. If you have any follow-up question,you can reply to this post.

Regards,

Dr. Shah