OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I've been having an issue with a cystic pimple on the

Customer Question
Hi! I've been having...

Hi! I've been having an issue with a cystic pimple on the outside of my vaginal area for a couple weeks. It has not reduced in size and is painful. I am wondering if I should consult my local OBGYN for medication. I've also been on accutane for 4 months and i'm surprised it hasn't reduced in size at all.

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

I use a warm washcloth with pressure on the area and it seems to help a bit.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I've had bloodwork done in the past and STD checks and everything seems normal.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: OB GYN
3/19/2018
OB GYN Doctor: Dr David, Doctor replied 3 months ago
Dr David
Dr David, Doctor

This is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

if the cystic pimple is bothering you, you should see your gyn doctor

it could be an ingrown hair follicle or a subaceous cyst