OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I have milky discharge with slight discomfort. I used a soap…

Customer Question
I have white milky discharge...
I have white milky discharge with slight discomfort. I used a soap that had a high scent to it. But my period did just end.
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: OB GYN
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/19/2018
OB GYN Doctor: Dr.Saleem, Doctor replied 1 month ago
Dr.Saleem
Dr.Saleem, Doctor

Hello and welcome to JA. Dr Saleem here. Will be answering you shortly

Well white milky discharge usually means yeast infection or Candidiasis ( thrush) to be more specific.

You need to apply topical vaginal clotrimazole cream or nystatin formulation. If this doesnt help then single dose of fluconazole 150mg can be taken orally .

Avoid unprotected intercourse till it clears .

hope you found it helpful.

Let me know if you have any more queries.

Please reward credit for the consult by clicking 5 stars in rating corner of your page if you are satisfied.

Stay blessed.

Regard

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I had sex though and the condom slipped off and was able to retrieve it. What are my chance of having an std

Well condoms are pretty safe and provide almost 90-95% protection against STDs however in case it slips off or if its lose then that can increase the risk of you acquiring an infection. With vaginal thrush its evident that you contracted yeast infection . Its a good idea to get an STD screen done

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I’m scared.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
That happened three weeks ago. Do you think I would have noticed signs
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Or what are my chances that I have one

I can understand your concerns. STDs depending upon type ,can take time to show up . Sometimes these can remain latent for weeks/ months so thats not a very specific parameter. Usually with e,g HIV early signs like fever, joint aches, rash, sore throat , lumps etc can appear in 2-4 weeks post exposure.

One cannot tell about chances as the risk is quite variable depending on a lot of factors

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
What are my chance that I could of contracted one?

As i already mentioned one cannot tell about chances as the risk is quite variable depending on a lot of factors.

You should get an STD screen done

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
What are those factors?

Health status of your partner, whether you knew him prior to having sex or not . The quality of protection i.e condom's quality , the way it was used and for long it came off . Moreover the risk of transmission by intercourse varies for each disease so one cannot tell a percentage of risk in such cases

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
We didn’t really know each other and I’m married to someone else. We used a condom and it slipped if I think right after he pulled out of finishing
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I never do something like this

I can understand its however never without risk and thats why i recommended you to get tested .

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
you think I have one

I would say you could have contracted one there but to be sure we need to be safe and get tested.

I hope everything works out best for you.

Stay blessed.

Regard

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I had sex 3 weeks ago and we used condom but it slipped off when he was finished. I was able to retrieve it. It was a one time thing. I have milky whitish discharge, slightly discomfort down, and very minimal odor. I’m freaking out! Help!

For now you just have vaginal thrush please just relax . STDs screen is precautionary here

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have someone I love that I could have infected them. I’m freaking out

Its better to get tested and put your mind at peace. Only that can help you feel better

Dr.Saleem
Dr.Saleem
Dr.Saleem, Doctor