OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

Could having a nexplanon implant affect your discharge. For…

Customer Question
Could having a nexplanon...

Could having a nexplanon implant affect your discharge

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you dealt with the discharge? Have you experienced this in the past?

For about two weeks. The consistency changes. It doesn’t have an odor though.

Doctor's Assistant: When was your last pap test or pelvic exam? Any irregular results from past exams?

I have not had a pap test. In the past I have had cysts on my ovaries.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No that is all

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: OB GYN
3/19/2018
OB GYN Doctor: Edgar Rubio Villegas, Doctor replied 3 months ago
Edgar Rubio Villegas

Hello, I´m Dr. Rubio

Welcome a JustAnswer and thank you for your question.

Please give me a minute to review your question.

how old you are?

How long have you been on nexplanon?
have you had sex before your symptoms?
What is the color of the discharge?
Do you have any other symptoms like itching or swelling, pain?

Dear *****ient, nexplanon can modify the period and the bleeding, in a small portion of women it generates effects such as prolonged bleeding, absence of bleeding, more painful bleeding, or changes in the vaginal flora that generate discharges and changes in vaginal mucus.....
This type of alteration is evident in the first 6 months of its use, in your case I suggest to go to a consultation to evaluate the characteristics of the discharge, since there are other factors such as infections and hormonal alterations that can generate this type of discharge.

If you have any query, please feel free to ask.

I hope this information will be helpful.

Your satisfaction is my goal. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen so that I can get the credit for helping you. Thank you!

Regards.