OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

Can I get connected with a female gynecologist. No I

Customer Question
Can I get connected...

Can I get connected with a female gynecologist

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

No I haven’t

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

My vaginal opening looked weird in January 5 months after sleeping with someone

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: OB GYN
My vagina looked weird and it seems like it had different stages . I am uploading the pictures of the different stages . I do not want a male doctor response
What is that
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
3/19/2018
OB GYN Doctor: Dr. K., MD replied 4 months ago
Dr. K.
Dr. K., MD
Hello and welcome to Just Answer. I looking forward to assisting you with your question and providing excellent service. Your pictures look normal. What do you mean by stages?
Those pictures if you look at the entrance of the vaginal there are lumps or bumps
Whenever I touched them they felt like soft skin
This is what my normal vaginal opening looks like
THIS is the normal picture
I’m worried that the previous pictures I sent could be hpv or herpes warts
The stages I’m talking about are that it seems as though the growths or whatever I had going on was gradually progressing and growing
I dont see anything abnormal or different
OB GYN Doctor: Dr. J, Board Certified OB/GYN replied 4 months ago
Dr. J
Dr. J, Board Certified OB/GYN

Hi there. Board-certified obgyn here (and female).

How can I help you today?

Please can you look at the pictures I uploaded I kno it is not normal so I’m just wondering what could cause that

Are you referring to that small pink area at the bottom right (your right) aspect of the opening? In the absence of any symptoms, I would say it all looks pretty normal. Is something bothering you?

the bottom pink area it has too much skin and I’v never looked like that before because I always look at myself
It changed 5 months after sexual activity with someone I don’t really know and right now it’s back to normal
It normally looks like this
This is not normal for me and I was starting to think herpes or hpv

It doesn't look like herpes, or HPV (which would cause a genital wart).

We do have clusters of cells called "glands" down there at the vaginal opening. Glands produce our natural secretions. occasionally the opening to a gland gets blocked off and you can get a little "bump" or "cyst" down there as the secretions build up under the skin. These typically go away on their own.

That all being said, I always recommend being sure you're up to date on your pap smear and pelvic exam. Your family practice doc, NP, ob/gyn, or local Planned Parenthood can do this for you.

I showed a nurse and she said it looks like herpes