OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I am 21 years old and recently I have been having issues…

Hi,I am 21 years...

Hi,I am 21 years old and recently I have been having issues with sex. I can get going and then about half way through, ill dry up and the opening of my vagina will develop the rug burn feeling during sex. It's resulted in yeast infections.I looked online and was told that it could be my birth control (Junel 1/20) or it could be lack of arousal. I did not have feelings for my last two partners so maybe the foreplay wasn't adequate enough because I wasn't into them as much as the my ex-boyfriend but its confusing as to why its not painful the entire time - just after a while. Even store bought doesn't work. I was tested for STDs and I do not have any. Please help.

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with the issue? In general, how has your health been lately?

My overall health is fine but my vaginal dryness has been an issue the last 3 times ive had sex.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No, just that I am on birth control (Junel 1/20)

3/18/2018
Dr David
Dr David, Doctor

This is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

if you are not aroused, you can loose vaginal lubrication and drying up in the vagina during sex can cause excessive friction and rug burn?

did you try adding more water based vaginal lubricant like KY jelly?

saliva can help improve lubrication during sex? oral sex an option?

oral sex worked to get me initially aroused, but once the rug burn feeling started it did not help.
I used astroglide lube and saliva, but those did not help either. Astroglide says water-based on the label.I thought it might be birth control? I noticed this feeling after 2 months I started taking it.

some birth control pills could cause you to be more dry down there

you may need to try a different type of birth control pill

you may need to find the right partner.

Yeah I have not had strong feelings for my previous partners when I noticed this issue, right around the time I started birth control as well. I was planning on stopping my birth control because I noticed other symptoms I did not like, but I guess a combination of the two could solve my problem. Thank you.

you are welcome

you should stop sex if you get that rubbing sensation again

no point to cause vaginal rub burn.

Let me know if you have other questions.
If done for now, please leave Positive Rating of 5 Stars so I can get credit for helping you today.
We only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback. (You may have to scroll up see the ratings area)
You can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions.
Here is my website if you need to reach me:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/
Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

Dr David
Dr David, Doctor