OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I just had tubal ligation reversal surgery on Friday. I am…

Customer Question
I just had tubal...

I just had tubal ligation reversal surgery on Friday. I am experiencing pain not from incision but further up and water bloating. No fever or other symptoms

Doctor's Assistant: Have you been using any medication since the surgery? How severe are any complications?

I’ve been taking antibiotic, pain medicine, and charcoal tablets to try to eliminate bloating. I have been able to urinate and bowel movements

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about bloating?

No I was wondering if maybe the symptoms were normal and would lessen with some time

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I’m healthy other than I do have a history of kidney stones, but I am very aware of the symptoms of that, and this is different

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: OB GYN
3/18/2018
OB GYN Doctor: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor replied 1 month ago

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

These symptoms are not abnormal and can happen to almost 25% patients. Alarming symptom complex, indicating an exam by doctor would be;

Abdominal pain.

Excessive tenderness,

Massive bloating.

Nausea and / or vomiting.

Constipation and/or inability to pass gas.

Since you have bloating only, this is not very worrisome. But you may consume only liquids predominantly. You may eat semi solids too, if too hungry. Avoid solids for a day or two, till bloating subsides.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.

You can continue to ask questions after positive feedback.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl

Stay blessed.

Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor