OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I have a few questions. No medications no i have not seen a…

Customer Question
Hello, I have a...

Hello, I have a few questions.

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

No medications no i have not seen a doctor

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

For the last 4 months or so my menstrual cycles have been 24 days long. my last cycle was Feb. 17th. and has been on point every month. This month however, on the 24th there was no bleeding. on the 24th or 25th day. the 26th day I had very light bleeding. 27th was even lighter on and off bleeding. 28th day on and off bleeding with next to no bleeding. my periods are normally always heavy with some clotting. this time no clotting. I have also has uncontrollable bouts of almost constipated like Diarrhea. I would feel the urgency to go but only little bouts would come out that were just pure liquid. which was accompanied by abdominal pain. I did take a muscle relaxer (which was prescribed for my back from a previous non-serious car accident) yesterday evening to reduce the extreme cramping just so I could take a nap. Took a pregnancy test this morning which was negativity.

Doctor's Assistant: Are you in any pain? How regular are your periods?

See above

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: OB GYN
I have already had one child full term no complications born 8/24/2011
3/18/2018
OB GYN Doctor: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor replied 4 months ago

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

Following causes should be considered for your change in bleeding and bowel issues;

1) Uterine fibroid

2) Uterine polyps

3) Endocervical polyp

4) Pelvic inflammatory disease

5) Cervicitis (cervix infection)

6) Endometritis; infection of the internal lining of uterus

7) Hypothyroidism (underactive thyroid)

8) Fluctuating hormone levels.

Following can detect/diagnose the cause;

1) A physical examination and speculum examination by the doctor

2) Ultrasound

3) Blood work for the hormones

4) Vaginal swab

5) Pap smear.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.

You can continue to ask questions after positive feedback.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl

Stay blessed.