OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I’m 5 weeks pregnant and I’ve had two previous miscarriages,

Customer Question
I’m 5 weeks pregnant...

I’m 5 weeks pregnant and I’ve had two previous miscarriages, but I’ve been having a lot of cramping over the last few days but no bleeding, the cramping comes and goes. I’m just a bit worried I don’t see my dr till next week.

Doctor's Assistant: Are you using any contraceptives? When did your last period begin?

No I’m not. It was February 7th

Doctor's Assistant: When was your last pap test, and what were the results? Any swelling, discoloration, or unusual smells?

I just had my pap around February 8th I haven’t gotten the results back yet

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I have PCOS

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: OB GYN
3/17/2018
OB GYN Doctor: Dr. K., MD replied 1 month ago
Dr. K.
Dr. K., MD
Hello and welcome to Just Answer. I looking forward to assisting you with your question and providing excellent service. Cramping can be an early symptom of pregnancy. At five weeks, an ultrasound or seeing your dr will not be able to provide conclusive information anyway. Its best to wait until six weeks. At that time, an ultrasound and blood work can be done to see if the pregnancy is viable. Good luck
Dr. K.
Dr. K.
Dr. K., MD