OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I had a termination and before my next period suffered a…

Customer Question
I had a termination...

I had a termination and before my next period suffered a miscarriage and as a result of the miscarriage I’m now lightly bleeding still at 3 weeks there was no period between miscarry and abortion is this normal

Doctor's Assistant: Have you been keeping a personal medical record?

Yes

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: OB GYN
3/16/2018
OB GYN Doctor: Dr David, Doctor replied 1 month ago
Dr David
Dr David, Doctor

This is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thankyou

I am sorry about your termination and miscarriage

yes, it can be normal to still have some light bleeding and spotting 3 weeks after these events

you are using a panty liner?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
wearing a liner it’s very light . Could it be that it’s taking a bit longer to clear any left tissue

yes, it can take some time for tissue to clear up and the uterus to stop bleeding

sometimes it can take several weeks to 1-2 months for the bleeding to stop

don't worry

your periods will return back to normal in time

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thankyou just as I have a young baby already and suffer with health anxiety I was googling and afraid of things like cervical cancer and I infections but I have no pain and no paid during sex

no, you don't have cervical cancer

googling symptoms often will worsen anxiety symptoms and worry

Let me know if you have other questions.
If done for now, please leave Positive Rating of 5 Stars so I can get credit for helping you today.
We only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback. (You may have to scroll up see the ratings area)
You can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions.
Here is my website if you need to reach me:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/
Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

Dr David
Dr David
Dr David, Doctor